From Main Page to Launch Page
The modern Workplace experience expands your ability to work in different apps on different devices. In addition to a fresh workplace web app, you’ll also have a workplace desktop and mobile device app so that you can continue working anywhere, from any device that has workplace installed.
You’ve been using Classic Webtop for a while - maybe for years - and you've been upgraded to a whole new user interface that looks completely different at first glance. You may ask yourself, “where are my programs, what are starred files and folders…and where’s The Weather?”
You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve implemented many of the features you’ve requested into the new Workplace Web app, while starting you off with a clean, uncluttered Launch page, where only your most important resources are at hand. Let’s take a quick look:
- This is your new Main Page, or Launch Page.
- Your announcements are at the top of the web app page, as well as your Account settings, Help and Sign out on the upper right-hand side.
- Shortcuts for websites, files, and folders are now called “starred,” and we separated your shortcuts into two categories: starred apps and websites and starred files and folders.
- A new feature is the addition of starred hosted apps. You can put your favorite hosted apps right on the launch page for quick access.
- And now, you can view your most recent files.
- Your employee directory is simply called Directory, and it’s located in the side panel, instead of on a separate page as it was in Classic Webtop.
- What’s also handy is that all of your work is broken out into categories rather than one long list under My Programs. And, we’ve put your cloud-based file manager just a click away.
- We call our main page the Launch page because this is where you start your day and launch all of your work.
- Here’s a useful New Feature! If you can’t remember the name of that project file, try the Search field. Search will find it for you - whatever lives in your company files and directory, you’ll see it here.
Now let’s go find your stuff!