Workplace LocalZone™ is a unified app launcher and starting point for your day. Click here to learn how to pin your favorite apps to the Launch page.
Launch an App
Open Workplace for Windows or macOS and Sign in with valid credentials.
You may be required to verify the sign-in by completing the multi-factor authentication on your mobile device.
When you first sign in to Workplace, it might take a few seconds for LocalZone™ to run through the security checks and establish a connection to the PCG. During this time, local applications listed in Workplace might be grayed out and unavailable to open.
- Click an app from the Launch page, or
- Select Apps in the left navigation panel.
- Select the app you wish to launch and click Launch.
The app will open with a blue border and badge, indicating that it is running in the LocalZone™.
You can open multiple windows and continue to work in your locally installed applications as you normally would. To keep your data protected, you are only able to open managed applications from your Windows or macOS device. If you are working in Workplace for Browsers, you will notice that your apps will be grayed out with a warning icon, and unavailable to launch from the web app.
Customize Your Apps
When Workplace gathers your applications into the LocalZone™, they are brought in with the factory default settings and you might need to customize them to your preferred settings on each device you have Workplace installed. Here are some examples:
- Add your work email
- Recreate your signatures
- Third-party plugins
- Window layouts, such as Work Week view.
- Zoom or other third-party plugins
- Web Conferencing/Communication:
- Stylized backgrounds
- Video/audio on/off upon sign in
- Other customizations will have to be reset
- Microsoft Office: Plugins.
- Default Browser: Chrome or Edge might have to have extensions re-installed or enabled. You might need to resize the windows. Once you customize it, the browser should remember the layout.