The following resources will help you with troubleshooting Workplace and provide useful links.
Troubleshooting Workplace for Windows and macOS
Before you reach out to support, make sure that Workplace is up to date:
- Windows: Click the Settings icon in Windows. If there is a new version available, click the link to update.
- macOS: Click the icon, then click Update.
The following are examples of ways you can troubleshoot issues with LocalZone™ for Windows and macOS.
When you're using Zoom or other applications where you need to share your screen, the viewer might see that the application you are trying to display is black.
To temporarily share that screen:
- Click the Workplace badge in the application window you want to share.
- Click Share window under Screen sharing & capture.
- Type your reason in the popup window, then click Share window.
- Click Stop sharing under Share Screen in the badge when you are done.
LocalZone allows you to work locally when your device is compliant, and your applications and data can be protected. Using Workplace requires an Internet connection to check device compliance and to ensure LocalZone protection is properly configured.
You might be running Workplace in an environment where your Internet connection isn't available all the time, or you move from one network to another. In these cases, after a configurable timeout period, 10 min by default, LocalZone™ closes all applications running in LocalZone and the Workplace drive.
When your device experiences a temporary interruption in internet connectivity, or the device is no longer connected to the Internet:
- The user is logged out of Workplace when the idle timeout is exceeded.
- Active LocalZone™ applications are not shut down when network connectivity is lost, the user is able to continue to work in open applications and with open documents.
- Connectivity Status in desktop applications displays the correct status for the Local Network and the PCG.
View Activity Log
You can check the activity of your account to understand what Workplace logs while you work.