Great work! Now that you've completed the CM:104 Tasks of a Company Manager course, you should be able to:
- Restore account access and reset passwords
- Approve pending sessions
- Disable an account
- Create groups and add members
- View user activity and access information, and export reports
Take a moment to sign into the Workplace Web App and complete each of the checklist items below.
- Is this user required to use two factor authentication?
- Are they using Symantec VIP?
- Notice where you can register their mobile number, and check Allow forgot password.
- Notice where you would disable their login and account.
- Notice where you can enter a login password expiration (recommended)
Click Groups to view all the groups configured for your company.
Select the All Users group to view which policies are in place for everyone in your company.
Click New Group to view how to configure a group. Name the group "Test" What settings might you check, based on your company's compliance policies?
Save your changes, then click Group members in the sidepanel. Add a member or two to the group, and check any other appropriate settings.
Select Time-based access rights and set to M-F, 9a - 5p.
View your Test group in the list. Select the group, and see if you can find how to delete the group (it takes a minute to process)
Do you have an APP_Basic or APP_Office group? Click through your groups to see how they have been configured, and which employees are members of the group, to better understand how to organize data workflow using Groups.
Auditing and Reporting
On your Company dashboard, click All activities. Select any user to view their activity. What do you see?
Click the pro-filter and see how you can fine-tune your activity search.
Click Export activity to run a report.
From the Company dashboard, click Manage users. Click the + sign in the header to view all of the groups in which each user is a member, as well as their email address, and other access information about that user.
Click Export page to CSV to run a report.
Click Groups. Select any filters at the top, or click Show advanced. Cllck Find to view your results.