Workplace allows you to store your work files on our servers so you can access them anytime and anywhere, securely, as per your security profile and policies.
Sign in to Workplace for Windows or macOS, then click the icon, which will take you to Workplace for Browsers.
- Access Your Files
- Work with Folders and Files
Access Your Files
There are several different pathways to access your files in Workplace for Browsers. You can quickly access your Recent files and Starred Files & Folders from the Launch page.
To view all of your files and folders, click Files on the left sidebar of the Launch page.
Here you’ll see your Personal folder, your Shared folders, and your Secure Downloads folder (Hybrid only).
Personal: This folder is labeled with your name and can't be shared. This is where you store any files or folders that are meant just for you, such as expense reports and presentations.
Company: This is the primary folder for your company that contains files and folders meant for all users, including internal documents and pictures from your holiday party.
Shared Folders: These folders are shared by you with co-workers and guests, or with you by your coworkers and company manager. For example, your department head might share the department folder with the team, such as Meeting Materials and Quarterly Reports. Also, you might have clients outside the firm who need to share or edit documents, and you can invite them to a shared folder.
Secure Downloads folder (Hybrid only): Files that you download within a hosted browser can be found in this folder, and not in your local Downloads folder. This is a temporary repository and we recommend that you move your downloaded files to another folder as a best practice, especially if you need to share the file.
Work with Folders and Files
Create a New Folder
- Navigate to Files in the left sidebar.
- Click New Folder.
- Notice that this window says Name your share folder. Any folder you create in the root Files section can be shared with co-workers and guest users. Subfolders cannot be shared.
Name the folder, then click Create and go to folder.
Upload a Document to a Folder
Click the name of a folder to open and view files or add a document to the folder.
- Click and drag a file from anywhere on your computer into the shared folder.
- Click New> Upload. Select files to upload a file from your File Manager.
Create a New Office Document
- Open a folder.
- Click New and select the type of document you want to create.
- Name the file and press Enter.
Copy or Move a Subfolder or File to Another Folder
Besides uploading to the folder, Workplace also allows you to copy or move a file from one folder to another.
- Open the origin folder.
- Right-click the file you want to copy or move and select Copy To or Move To.
- In the Folder list, select the destination folder, and then click Copy or Move at the bottom of the window.
More File Actions
Right-click on a file and select one of the following actions:
- Preview: The file will open in the appropriate Office online for you to view, download or share.
- Rename: The file name will be highlighted - simply type a new name and press Enter.
- Download: the file will go to the local Downloads folder, or whichever folder you've designated.
- View History: You can view when the file was created or downloaded.
- Delete: The file will be permanently deleted.
You can also click to the right of the file name to highlight the file and view the menu at the bottom of the screen. NOTE: Depending on your company's policy, some of these actions might not be available.