All of your accounts and bookmarks can be launched and edited in Workplace for Browsers. Let’s talk about how to manage your websites.
Sign in to Workplace for Windows or macOS, then click the icon, which will take you to Workplace for Browsers.
Click Websites in the left sidebar. Workplace categorizes your saved websites (URLs) into:
- My accounts, with credentials attached.
- My bookmarks, which are saved websites with no credentials attached.
- Shared with you and by your co-workers.
- Add bookmark allows you to manually add a website to Workplace.
Click the Star next to your most important websites, and they'll be pinned to your Launch page.
Add a Bookmark
To manually add a bookmark:
- Click Add Bookmark.
- In the window, type the name of the website, then type in the web address.
- Click Save.
You'll see your new website in your All Websites page.
Bookmarks and Sharing
Have you found an article or work resource online that you want to save and share with your co-workers?
To save and share a website:
- Navigate to the website in your default browser.
- Click the Workplace extension at the top of the page.
- Click Bookmark this page.
- Type the name of the bookmark.
- Check Shared with Coworkers, and then click Save bookmark.
- Click Share bookmark in new tab.
- Type to add coworkers, and then click the Add button.
- You can add more co-workers or just click Save.
- You'll be redirected back to Workplace for Browsers. Click Shared by Me to see your new shared link.
- When you no longer wish to share your bookmark, select the shared link. Click Sharing at the bottom of the page.
- Click the X to the right of their name to unshare the link, then click Save.
- To delete the bookmark, click the Edit button.
- Click Delete Bookmark on the lower left of the window, and then again if you’re absolutely sure.
NOTE: Some websites cannot be shared in Workplace, including company-managed accounts. Click here for a list of restricted websites.
Hosted Browser (VDA Essentials Hybrid Only)
Some websites that your company determined are highly sensitive will be restricted to a Hosted browser. Or, if your computer fails any compliance checks, all websites will launch in a hosted browser. You'll know when a website will launch in a hosted environment by the gray cloud icon.
As soon as you remediate a failed compliance check, you will be able to work in a local browser, where appropriate.