Workplace for Android and iOS is used for two-factor authentication, and it is also a handy way to keep in sync with your work by providing your company files, directory, and other resources when you're on the go.
Workplace for Android and iOS Overview
Workplace for Android and iOS is a handy way to keep in sync with your work when you're on the go by accessing your company files and directory.
When you sign into Workplace for Android or iOS, the Launch screen is the Files tab, which lists your Personal folder (your name), Company folder, Shared links folder and Secure Downloads folder (Hybrid only), as well as your starred files and folders.
Tap Policies to verify that your device is compliant, or to view any failed security checks that need remediation. Tap a security check to review the details.
- Required: If you fail any required checks, you must address the issue to become compliant.
- Recommended: You should address the failed check in order to stay compliant. You will still be able to work while you fix the issue.
Tap the More button, on Android and on iOS, at the bottom-right of the screen, where you can access other resources.
- Tap All Users.
- Here you will see all Groups. Tap a group to find a contact or tap Everyone to go back to your Directory list.
- In the Directory list, tap Search and begin typing the name of a contact.
- Tap a name from the results list to open their contact screen.
- Tap All Users.
- Device Security: View all of your devices connected to Workplace. Tap View Details at the bottom of each device to see your activity details for that device.
- Download Office: Download Word, Excel and PowerPoint from the App Store or Google Play.
- Offline Code: Offline code means that when you need to work on your computer but your phone doesn’t have cell or wi-fi service to give you sign-in verification, you can obtain a unique, one-time Offline Code from your mobile device to continue with Workplace on your Windows or macOS device.
- Face ID/Biometric & Pin: Some mobile devices offer biometric authentication, which you can set up here, as well as change your Workplace PIN.
- Help: Call Support, report an issue or visit the Help Center.
- Unlink Device: If you no longer plan on working from this device, tap Unlink device from your Workplace account. To re-enable your device for work, you may have to grant access from another mobile workplace device, or call support.
In the next module, we will show you how to work with files on your Android or iOS device.