Aside from the different features of Workplace, let’s discover the many resources in Workplace for Windows and macOS that provide you quick access to your work, such as Search, Settings, and Help Center.
- In Workplace for Windows, you'll find Search, Settings and Help in the left side panel.
- In Workplace for macOS, they are located at the top of the window.
Let's explore each resource.
The Search field helps you find anything, located anywhere in Workplace, such as websites, people, files and folders.
- Contact: Begin typing a contact name. Select the contact from the results list.
- Websites: Begin typing the name of a saved website or file and select it from results list.
- Files: Begin typing a file name. When you search for company files, you’ll see a small selection of the most recent.
- Click Open or double-click the file from the results list to open it in a local app.
- Click the Spyglass to show the file in its folder.
Click Settings to:
To sign out in Windows, simply click the X in the upper right-hand corner of the Workplace window or click Settings and select Sign out. You will be asked if you want to:
- Keep syncing Workplace files and settings (Recommended to prevent data loss, or if you use this computer frequently and want quick access to your recently synced files.)
- Don't keep Workplace files and settings. (Recommended to prevent your files from using up hard disk space on a shared computer).
NOTE: As an additional security precaution, your Company Manager may configure Workplace to automatically log users out after a certain amount of idle time.
Click here to learn more about Simple Sign out in Workplace.
Settings also shows you what version of Workplace you’re using, and whether or not it needs an update. The nice thing about Workplace is that it will automatically update in the background, so no extra action is required. You can set a keyboard shortcut to bring your Workplace window to the front.
You can also:
- Set a shortcut to bring Workplace to the front.
- Set Workplace to open automatically at login.
- Get logs that creates a zip file you can share with support.
File Syncing in Workplace for macOS
In Settings> Sync Settings you can select frequently used folders to sync in the background, or leave them unchecked and they will sync upon opening the folder.
To get immediate help, click the icon where you can:
- Search Help Center for FAQ's and other help articles.
- Contact support and follow up on support requests.