- End-Users, Company Managers and MSP Partners
- VDA LocalZone and VDA Hybrid LZ
When you launch a file, app, or website from your Venn access client, it will open in the Venn Secure enclave, our breakthrough technology that creates a smart, secure perimeter around applications and data, enabling you to work locally with sensitive information while keeping your personal computing resources separate on the same device.
The Venn Secure Enclave's application isolation allows work and personal applications to run side-by-side in separate windows on the same device without being aware of each other. In Windows, you can open Google Chrome in the Secure Enclave alongside a personal Chrome window, which you will notice in the Windows Taskbar. The work instance will display the patented Venn blue border and badge while the personal one will not.
NOTE: For macOS, you can only have one instance of an app running at a time.
This functionality can also protect work applications from malware, which will also not be able to “see” applications running in the Secure Enclave because network traffic is channeled through the Private Company Gateway.
Venn is committed to protecting the privacy of employees. Venn does this by tracking work applications, files, and data. Anything that runs outside the Secure Enclave is considered personal and is not managed or monitored by the organization. Venn transparently exposes all the usage it tracks about you and your activities, so you are 100% clear on what is being monitored.
Clicking the Venn badge reveals a snapshot of what your company is tracking, including the current Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policy for your organization.
View your activity log
- Click View activity log: This link will take you to your device activity log in Workplace for Web.
View the Device Policy for an app
The following enforcements will be enabled or disabled based on your company's policy. The gray lock indicates that the enforcement is enabled and you are unable to perform that task.
- Browser uploads: You are allowed to upload files to a browser.
- Move and paste: You are allowed to move data out of the Secure Enclave.
- Printing: You can print to any printer.
- File downloads: Downloaded files are saved to your Secure Downloads folder.
- Work file access: You can only save files to the Workplace drive.
- Screen sharing & capture: This option might be set as restricted to protect data during video meetings. To request a one-time exception to share your window:
- Click Share window.
- Enter your reason in the box provided for auditing purposes and click Share window to close.
- Get Help: This link takes you to the Help screen in your Workplace for Windows or macOS, where you can view the Help Center, contact your support team, and troubleshoot hosted apps (Hybrid only).
- View Connectivity Status: This link takes you to the Connectivity Status screen in Workplace for Windows or macOS, where you can view or troubleshoot your local network or Private Company Gateway connection.