Partners and Company Admins can modify the individual enforcement checks of the default Desktop/Laptop Device policy. For example, when onboarding a team, security checks such as Antivirus Installed and Encryption can be set to Recommended, giving new users a chance to fix their device compliance issues without disrupting their work. Once the team is up and running, you can change those enforcements back to Required.
To Change Enforcements Checks for a Desktop or Laptop:
- Navigate to login.venn.com and Sign In with valid credentials.
You may be required to verify the sign-in by completing the multifactor authentication on your mobile device.
- Click Company admin or Manage > Company admin.
- Click Policy Admin > Device Policy and select the Desktops and laptops tab.
- In the Default policy section, click Change to the right of the enforcement check you want to modify.
- Changing the policy requires the Partner or Company admin to confirm the organization wants to self manage their device policy. Click Self-manage policy to confirm.
Organization will have the option to revert to a policy managed by their service provider after enabling a self managed policy.
- Select the enforcement from the dropdown menu, then click Save Settings to finish.
Note: When you change the settings for the following enforcement checks to Required or Recommended, you also need to set a time configuration:
- Antivirus definitions
- Screen saver timeout
- Operating System supported
NOTE: For the unauthorized application check:
The unauthorized application check adds an additional layer of protection for your organization by allowing administrators to specify applications that should not be installed on a user's device. This check is only supported on laptops/desktops.
As with all checks, this can be configured as a required or recommended check.The policy editor allows for the specification of separate applications for the Windows and Mac platforms respectively.
To specify an application, type the application's name in the field for the platform you want to prohibit its use on. Once you have typed the name, hit enter to create the entry. You can add multiple applications per platform. To remove an application name, simply hit the "X" in the top right corner of the application name.
Learn how to modify the Mobile device policy here.