There’s a lot you can do with your websites in the Workplace Web App. Let’s talk about how to manage them.
Click on Websites. Here you’ll see all of your saved websites listed, as well as organized by accounts, bookmarks, shared, and add.
Have you found a great article or work resource online? Just click the Workplace button in the top of your browser to save the link.
- Click on Bookmark this page.
- Type the name of the bookmark If you want to immediately share with your coworkers, this is where you can really save time.
- Click on Shared with Coworkers.
- Then save bookmark.
- Then, Share bookmark in new tab.
- Enter your coworker name and click Add.
- Save at the bottom of the window.
You’ll be redirected back to your Workplace Web App. Click on Shared by Me to see your new shared link.
When you no longer with to share your bookmark, click on the shared link. Click on Sharing at the bottom of the page. Simply click on the X to the right of their name to unshare the link and click Save.
To delete the bookmark, click on the Edit button. Click on Delete on the lower left of the window, and then again if you’re absolutely sure.
To view a website shared with you by your coworker that has credentials attached, click on Share with Me.
Click once on the website, and then click Sign in at the bottom, or simply double-click the link. Wait for it…Voila! You are automatically logged into your coworker’s account. No more sticky notes with written passwords or labels stuck to your keyboard.
Now let’s star some favorite websites and get organized!
Click on the star to the right of your most important websites. Click on the Launch page to view them under Starred hosted apps & websites. To rearrange the icons, click on the Edit button. Click and drag the icons where you want them, then click Done to finish. When you no longer wish to have a shortcut for that website, simply click the star again to deselect it.
Now let’s add a bookmark manually.
- Click on Add Bookmark.
- In the window, type the name of the website then type in the web address.
- You have the option to always open this website in a local browser of choice, or a hosted web browser for greater security with confidential sites.
- Click on Save You’ll see the new website on your All Websites page.
Now let's save our account.
Whenever you sign into a website, Workplace offers to save your account credentials. This means quick access to your work websites without having to remember every password.
At the top of the page, type in the name of your account and click on Save Account. When you return to your Workplace Web App, the saved account will appear in My Accounts under Websites.
Double-click to launch the site to automatically log into the saved website.
Wow, there’s so much you can do to manage and create websites within the Workplace Web App.