The June 2020 Update Requires the Following Product Versions: Workplace for Mac - v.3.5 Workplace for Windows - v.3.5 Workplace for iOS - v.3.5.2 Workplace for Android - v.3.5.2
The Workplace 3.5 Update Will Be Rolled Out in Stages Beginning June 30th 2020.
- macOS Improvements
- Dynamic Access Control Improvements
- Compliance Dashboard
- Improved Filters on the All Devices List
- File and Folder Restore/Recovery Improvements
- Office 365 Updates
- Miscellaneous Improvements
The following improvements have been implemented for Workplace for Mac:
- Improved Installation Experience
- The install duration for Workplace has improved dramatically.
- The install size of the Workplace application has been reduced.
- Improved Uninstall Experience
- Users can drag and drop the Workplace application to the Trash to initiate the uninstall process.
- Users must quit the Workplace application prior to uninstallation.
Dynamic Access Control Improvement
Workplace has added a “Help me fix it” button to failed compliance checks to guide end-users to remediate the compliance check.
- The following compliance checks support Guided Remediation:
- Known device
- Screen saver is enabled
- Screen saver timeout is acceptable
- Password enabled on the local user account
- Firewall is enabled
- Windows – Provides information on Windows Defender
- macOS – Provides information on Mac Firewall
- Hard drive encryption is enabled
- Windows – Provides information on BitLocker
- macOS – Provides information on Filevault
- Operating system auto-update is enabled
- Operating system is supported
- Anti-Virus is installed
- Anti-Virus Real-Time Protection is enabled
- Anti-Virus signatures are up to date
- Anti-Virus – No virus reported
Workplace has added a “Fix it for me” button to failed compliance checks to automatically apply the appropriate settings to remediate the compliance check.
- The following compliance checks support Auto Remediation:
- Screen saver is enabled (Windows Only)
- Screen saver timeout is acceptable (Windows Only)
The Compliance Dashboard allows administrators to assess the risk of devices connected by their users to the Workplace ecosystem.
Compliance Dashboard Filter
Administrators can filter the results of the Compliance Dashboard by departmental groups.
The compliance overview will display the compliance score of the select filter.
Administrators can segment the Compliance Overview by device group.
The available segments are:
- All Devices
- Desktops and Laptops
- Includes Windows and Apple computers.
- iOS Devices
- Includes iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch devices.
- Android Devices
- Includes phones and tablet devices.
The Compliance Dashboard will display the following summary for the selected segment:
- The number of devices that have passed all checks.
- The number of devices that have failed at least one recommended check.
- The number of devices that have failed at least one required check.
Administrators can click on the caret of each summary to view a list of all devices within that summary.
Compliance Checks Summary
The Compliance Dashboard displays a summary of the results of each Compliance Check enabled in your company's access policy.
The summary includes:
- The name of the Compliance Check
- The compliance score for the check
- The number of devices that have failed this check
Administrators can expand the summary of a check to a view chart showing the compliance score of that check over time.
Improved Filters on the All Devices List
Administrators can filter the list of All Devices by:
- A user or group
- Device type
- Device compliance status
Selected filters will be applied when exporting data.
File and Folder Restore/Recovery Improvements
- The limit of viewing individual file events of a bulk operating, when viewing folder activity and history, is now set to 200 file events.
- The previous limit was set to five(5) file events.
End-users will have the ability to recover deleted folders
- Deleted folders can be recovered to the original location or to a newly specified location.
Office 365 Updates
Simpler Office 365 Integration
- Workplace Users and Guest Users who have Editor permissions will be able to edit Office files using Office Online.
- Workplace Users will be prompted to sign in to an Office 365 account when Office 365 is not federated with the Workplace account.
- Guest Users will be prompted to sign into an Office 365 account.
- The following list of Office 365 licenses support online editing
- Office 365 Education Licenses:
- Office 365 A1
- Office 365 A3
- Office 365 A5
- Office 365 Business Licenses:
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Enterprise Licenses:
- Office 365 F1
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Office 365 Education Licenses:
Default Save As Location set to Workplace Drive
- Workplace Drive will be set as the default Save As location when Workplace Drive is mounted and available.
- The default Save As location will revert back to the original settings when Workplace Drive is unmounted and not available.
- AutoSave functionality is disabled when saving to Workplace Drive.
- The Manage button has been renamed to Company admin