The June 2020 Update Requires the Following Product Versions: Workplace for Mac - v.3.5 Workplace for Windows - v.3.5 Workplace for iOS - v.3.5.2 Workplace for Android - v.3.5.2
- macOS Improvements
- Dynamic Access Control Improvements
- Compliance Dashboard
- Improved Filters on the All Devices List
- Miscellaneous Improvements
The following improvements have been implemented for Workplace for Mac:
- Improved Installation Experience
- The install duration for Workplace has improved dramatically.
- The install size of the Workplace application has been reduced.
- Users can quit the Workplace application from the Workplace menu.
- Improved Uninstall Experience
- Users can drag and drop the Workplace application to the Trash to initiate the uninstall process.
- Users must quit the Workplace application prior to uninstallation.
Dynamic Access Control Improvement
Workplace has added a “Help me fix it” button to failed compliance checks to guide end-users to remediate the compliance check.
- The following compliance checks support Guided Remediation:
- Known device
- Screen saver is enabled
- Screen saver timeout is acceptable
- Password enabled on the local user account
- Firewall is enabled
- Windows – Provides information on Windows Defender
- macOS – Provides information on Mac Firewall
- Hard drive encryption is enabled
- Windows – Provides information on BitLocker
- macOS – Provides information on Filevault
- Operating system auto-update is enabled
- Operating system is supported
- Anti-Virus is installed
- Anti-Virus Real-Time Protection is enabled
- Anti-Virus signatures are up to date
- Anti-Virus – No virus reported
Workplace has added a “Fix it for me” button to failed compliance checks to automatically apply the appropriate settings to remediate the compliance check.
- The following compliance checks support Auto Remediation:
- Screen saver is enabled (Windows Only)
- Screen saver timeout is acceptable (Windows Only)
The Compliance Dashboard allows administrators to assess the risk of devices connected by their users to the Workplace ecosystem.
Compliance Dashboard Filter
Administrators can filter the results of the Compliance Dashboard by departmental groups.
The compliance overview will display the compliance score of the select filter.
Administrators can segment the Compliance Overview by device group.
The available segments are:
- All Devices
- Desktops and Laptops
- Includes Windows and Apple computers.
- iOS Devices
- Includes iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch devices.
- Android Devices
- Includes phones and tablet devices.
The Compliance Dashboard will display the following summary for the selected segment:
- The number of devices that have passed all checks.
- The number of devices that have failed at least one recommended check.
- The number of devices that have failed at least one required check.
Administrators can click on the caret of each summary to view a list of all devices within that summary.
Compliance Checks Summary
The Compliance Dashboard displays a summary of the results of each Compliance Check enabled in your company's access policy.
The summary includes:
- The name of the Compliance Check
- The compliance score for the check
- The number of devices that have failed this check
Administrators can expand the summary of a check to a view chart showing the compliance score of that check over time.
Improved Filters on the All Devices List
Administrators can filter the list of All Devices by:
- A user or group
- Device type
- Device compliance status
Selected filters will be applied when exporting data.
Access Compliance Dashboard from Workplace Menu
- Administrators can access the Compliance Dashboard for their organization from the Workplace menu in the system tray/menubar