The severity of a support ticket is defined by the business impact and user scope.
Factors and Definitions
Business Impact: The degree to which a user's functionality (or ability to work) is degraded or will be degraded.
- Major: A user is unable to work or has a severely degraded functionality.
- Average: A user is able to work, but at a decreased capacity.
- Normal: A user is able to work and no functionality is degraded
User Scope: The number of users affected.
- Major: Multiple users are impacted
- Average: A single user is impacted.
Support Ticket Definition
The following table outlines the severity of each possible scenario:
|Business Impact||User Scope||Ticket Definition|
Ticket Definition Descriptions and Examples
The following table outlines the descriptions and examples for each Ticket Definition.
|Urgent Priority||The problem results in extremely serious interruptions to business-critical systems for multiple users.||
|High Priority||The problem results in interruptions to normal operations or will negatively day-to-day operations.||
|Normal Priority||The problem does not prevent operation of business-critical systems or service, but can negatively impact productivity overall.||
|Low Priority||The request consists of "how-to" questions.||