Beginning Thursday, March 5, 2020, Mozilla Firefox will no longer be available as a hosted browser in Workplace.
Despite its popularity among consumers, Firefox is not an enterprise-grade application and lacks many controls necessary to ensure security and performance for your organization. OS33 recommends, as a best practice, using Google Chrome as your preferred browser. In addition to Google's aggressive development program, frequent updates, and leading-edge technology, Chrome has been optimized for performance and reliability within Workplace's hosted environment.
Users can follow the instructions below to migrate their Firefox bookmarks to Google Chrome. We also recommend adding bookmarks to the Workplace ecosystem for secure and quick access to your most frequently visited sites.
Export Bookmarks from Hosted Firefox
- Launch Hosted Firefox.
- Click on the Bookmarks icon.
- Select Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks.
- Click All Bookmarks in the sidebar and then click Import and Backup.
- Click Export Bookmarks to HTML...
- Save the HTML file in your hosted My Documents folder and name it Firefox_Bookmarks.
- Close Hosted Firefox.
Import Bookmarks into Hosted Chrome
- Launch Hosted Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome settings icon and select Bookmarks.
- Click Import Bookmarks and Settings...
- Select Bookmark HTML file from the down drop menu and click Choose File.
- Select the Firefox_Bookmarks.html file in My Documents and click Open.
Your bookmarks have been imported into hosted Chrome.
- Click Done and close the tab.