With the introduction of Safari 13, Apple has updated the process of how Safari extensions are installed on macOS. When a user updates to Safari 13, they may see the following message:
The extensions you are using is no longer supported in Safari.
"Workplace" can no longer be used. You can find new and updated extensions in the App Store or from developers' websites.
- Which Users are Affected?
- Alternative Solution
Which Users are Affected?
This issue is specific to users on:
- macOS Mojave (10.14.x) with Safari 13 installed.
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.x) with Safari 13 installed.
In order to install Workplace, you must have access to an Administrator account on your Mac.
An update for the Workplace Extension is now available via Workplace for Mac. Please update or install the latest version of Workplace for Mac.
Update Workplace for Mac
- Click New version available. Click to restart.
Workplace will restart and install the update.
Installing Workplace for Mac
- Navigate to login.os33.com and sign in with valid credentials.
You may be required to verify the sign in by completing the multifactor authentication on your mobile device.
- Click the Account menu with your name and click Download apps.
- Click Download next to the desired installer.
The Workplace installer should be located in the downloads folder or you can search your computer for the WorkplaceInstaller.exe or WorkplaceSetup.pkg file.
- Locate and open the Workplace installer.
- Click Continue when the installer prompts.
- Click Continue in the install Workplace dialogue box.
- Click Move Installer to Trash when prompted.
Workplace will install an application shortcut on the dock.
- Click the application shortcut on the dock to open Workplace.
- Enter your Username and Password to sign in.
Enable the Workplace Extension After Update/Installation
- Open Safari.
- Open Safari Preferences.
- Click on Extensions.
- Check the box next work Workplace.
Click here if you see two extensions named Workplace.
For users who are unable to install the extension updates for Safari, we recommend to utilize the Workplace Extension with Google Chrome.
Installing the Workplace Extension on Google Chrome
- Download and Install Google Chrome for macOS.
- Open Chrome.
- Visit the Workplace page on Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension.
Enabling the Workplace Extension on Google Chrome
In some cases, the Workplace Extension may be installed but not enabled automatically. To enable the Workplace Extension:
- Open Chrome.
- Open the Extension settings by clicking the three dots button > More Tools... > Extensions or by visiting chrome://extensions/
- Find Workplace and click on the grey switch.