This guide will provide instructions on how-to install and activate Workplace Device Compliance software. This software is required to check the current security status of your device.
See this article
Users will need to have administrative permissions to install Workplace.
Microsoft Edge is one of the browsers the Workplace extension does not support. However, you can install and use Workplace without the extension. Follow the steps below to install and use Workplace with Microsoft Edge
- Navigate to your company's web application
- Click Download to download Workplace software
- Click Run to run the installer after it finishes downloading.
- Wait for the security scan to finish.
- Click Yes in User Account Control pop-up window to allow Workplace installation
- Click Install in the pop-up.
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Click Close when the installation is finished.
- Click Continue to proceed to device security checks.
Workplace Device Compliance software will update automatically after a reboot of the machine. Workplace is constantly updated to support new system configurations, operating systems and browsers. It is expected that users will be running a version of Workplace that is no more than 2 versions behind from the current stable release. The end-user does not have to do anything to update, nor does the update require admin permissions on the machine.