This guide will provide instructions on how-to install and activate Workplace Device Compliance software. This software is required to check the current security status of your device.
See this article
Users will need to have administrative permissions to install Workplace.
Follow the steps below to install Workplace on an Internet Explorer browser:
- Log in to your company’s web application. Enter your credentials and click LOG IN >
- This will scan your computer, and if you do not have Workplace installed, you will be led to the screen below. Click Download.
- Click Run in the pop-up at the bottom left corner of the browser. Keep this tab open during the installation process as you will need to go back to it.
- Click Install in the pop-up.
- Click Yes in User Account Control pop-up window to allow Workplace installation
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Click Close when the installation is finished.
- Go back to Device Compliance tab in Internet Explorer. Click Enable in the pop-up below.
- Check I installed workplace successfully checkbox and click Continue
- A new tab will open. You can now close the first one. Wait until the extension is installed and becomes ready.
- Click Start security scans to scan your computer with Workplace Device Compliance for any security issues.
Workplace Device Compliance software will update automatically after a reboot of the machine. Workplace is constantly updated to support new system configurations, operating systems and browsers. It is expected that users will be running a version of Workplace that is no more than 2 versions behind from the current stable release. The end-user does not have to do anything to update, nor does the update require admin permissions on the machine.