This guide will provide instructions on how-to install and activate Workplace Device Compliance software. This software is required to check the current security status of your device.
See this article
Users will need to have administrative permissions to install Workplace.
- Follow the steps below to install Workplace in Google Chrome browser:
Log in to your company’s web application.
This will check your computer, and if you do not have Workplace installed, you will be redirected to the screen below. Click Download.
- Click WorkplaceInstaller.exe on the bottom left corner of the browser. Keep this tab open during the installation process as you will need to go back to it.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control pop-up to allow the installer to run.
- Click Close when the installation is finished.
- Check I installed workplace successfully checkbox and click Continue
- A Workplace icon should appear at the top right corner of the browser.
- Note: If you see the pop-up below, click Enable extension.
- Proceed with device checks. Click Start security scans to run a set of security checks against your computer.
Workplace Device Compliance software will update automatically after a reboot of the machine. Workplace is constantly updated to support new system configurations, operating systems and browsers. It is expected that users will be running a version of Workplace that is no more than 2 versions behind from the current stable release. The end-user does not have to do anything to update, nor does the update require admin permissions on the machine.