Venn's device inventory feature, offers a comprehensive and dynamic view of all devices where Venn is installed. The device inventory page serves as a powerful tool for administrators, providing crucial insights into each device, including its location, compliance status based on the organization's policies, and detailed configuration information.
Beyond basic inventory management, Venn provides a suite of proactive management functions. These functions include the ability to remote wipe work-related data, block login access for the device-user, grant temporary bypasses for devices that fail compliance checks, and the capability to remotely obtain diagnostic files for troubleshooting. This article will walk through accessing and viewing the device inventory.
Accessing the device inventory
Device inventory list overview
The device inventory list provides a snapshot of the devices where the Venn software is installed. The default view includes:
- User Name
- Device Name
- Compliance checks
- Displays count of required or recommended compliance checks that failed
- Operating system
- Device last seen
- When the device last sent data to the portal
Viewing the device panel for a device
Comprehensive device information and access to device actions including remote wipe is available for each device in the device inventory. To view specific information about a device and access device-related management functions:
- Locate the target device in the inventory list.
- Click on the row where the device is listed.
- The device panel will be presented.
The device panel includes the following:
- Device overview
- Basic information about the device, quick access to actions such as pulling diagnostic files and remote wipe.
- Device details
- Comprehensive details including downloadable JSON file.
- Remote wipe, diagnostic, bock user access and temporary bypass.
- Compliance status
- Full overview of each failed and passed compliance check