At Venn, safeguarding your privacy and maintaining the separation of work and personal data is fundamental to our approach. This article aims to provide you with clear information about what activities are logged while using Venn on a computer. We want to ensure you understand what data is collected when working with applications inside the Secure Enclave, which is indicated by the Blue Border™. Equally important is understanding what information is not tracked when using applications outside of the secure enclave.
When applications are open within the secure enclave, visually indicated by the Blue Border™ , the following activities are tracked:
- Login: When you log into Venn, information including your IP address, location, platform and operating system information are logged. This is used to identify the source of access and ensure the security of your account.
- Device Compliance: Venn checks and reports on the compliance status of your personal device as set by your company's policy, such as security updates and active antivirus protection.
- Browsing: Venn tracks the websites you visit while using browsers inside of the Secure Enclave including information about the computer used to access the websites.
- File Usage: If utilizing the built-in file system “Workplace Drive, all interactions you have with the files, including opening, modifying, sharing and saving actions.
- Diagnostics: Should an issue occur, Venn generates diagnostic files to help investigate the issue or assist with configuring Venn on your computer. The diagnostic file contains information about your computer including hardware configuration, make and model, network connectivity, and installed applications. It does not contain any information about personal files or browsing history.
Activity Never Logged
When applications do not have the Blue Border™ indicator, meaning they are not open in the secure enclave, the following activities are never tracked:
- Browsing: When using a browser outside of the secure enclave, your personal browsing activities are private and never monitored or logged .
- Personal Files: Venn never tracks or accesses any personal files, including photos and videos. Your personal data remains private and secure.
- Application Usage: Any application usage outside of the secure enclave is never tracked. Your personal application preferences, account information and usage are not monitored.
Data Security and Confidentiality:
Venn takes the security and confidentiality of data seriously. All activity and data collected when using applications and accessing data inside of the Secure Enclave is stored and transmitted securely in accordance with industry best practices. Venn have implemented technical and administrative measures to protect work related activity and data from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration. Only you and administrators of Venn can access this information.
Any data and activity that takes place outside of the secure enclave, is never monitored or recorded in any way.
As a user of Venn, you can access and review all activity collected while working with applications inside of the secure enclave.
- From any application running inside of the enclave, click the badge connected to the Blue Border™.
- From the window that appears, click View activity log.