Provision users into Venn from Azure
To provision users into Venn, an admin will need to add a specific user to the Workplace Enterprise application or a group of users. This will create the user in Venn along with any backend resources they require.
Group provisioning of users requires Azure AD Premium Licensing
- Log in to Azure portal
- Navigate to Azure > Enterprise applications and find Workplace in the list.
- Assign users to the Workplace enterprise application. You can follow this article to learn how to assign users and groups to an application.
- Navigate to Azure > Provisioning page and select Provision on demand.
- Users will now be provisioned in Venn and can begin onboarding. You can confirm that the users were created in Venn by using the Venn Admin portal. From the admin portal, locate and click on Directory from the left navigation. When the menu expands, select User Dashboard.
- In the Venn Admin portal, locate Directory from the left navigation. When the menu expands, select User Dashboard.
Provision on Demand
After users are assigned to the Workplace enterprise application, users will start getting provisioned in Venn anywhere from 0-40 minutes after, (the protocol pushes user info to Venn every 40 minutes). This can be forced to happen at will if the admin chooses to ‘Provision on demand’ in Azure.
Users are then provisioned and can start signing in to Venn with their Azure creds.
Deleting users from Azure and Venn
- To delete a user in both Azure and Venn:
- Delete user in Azure. The user will be moved to Azure > Deleted users list
- After 30 days, this user will be automatically deleted in Azure and Venn
- If an admin wants to finalize the deletion prior to the 30 day period, the user has to be deleted again from the Azure Deleted users list
- If admin wants to delete a user in Venn but keep their Azure account:
- Unassign user from Workplace Enterprise app in Azure and then delete user from Venn manually