The Process Will Remotely Remove All Worked Related Data From Windows and Mac Computers
Personal data, such as pictures and videos, will not be removed.
This action MUST be performed before deleting the user
To Remotely Wipe Desktop Application Data
- Navigate to login.venn.com and Sign In with valid credentials. You may be required to verify the sign-in by completing the multifactor authentication on your mobile device.
- Click Company admin or Manage > Company admin.
- Click All Devices.
- Select the desired user from the filter or device list.
- Click on a device in the device list.
A popup will appear with additional details about the device.
- From the actions menu select Remove user's data from this device or Remove data for all users from this device.
A confirmation modal will appear.
Remove user's data from device option will only remove that specific user's work related data.
Remove data for all users from this device will remove all work related data for all users who
work from the device.
- Enter the confirmation word exactly as it shown and click Confirm.
What data is removed?
- Files that were synced to the device
- All content in the directory C:\ProgramData\Workplace\Content
Workplace logs are not removed using this feature and will be added in a coming release.
Does a user have to be logged in for the remote wipe to take place?
No. A user does not need to be logged in for the remote wipe to take place. The service responsible for checking for remote wipe requests and executing remote wipe requests is the Workplace update service, which runs on the computer whether the user is logged in or not.
How long does it take to remove data from a device?
The data removal process typically takes only a few minutes. The Workplace update service agent checks in every 5 minutes to retrieve data removal requests. Allow up to ten minutes for the procedure to be fully completed after the initial request. If the data removal has not happened in that time frame, it is likely the device is not online.