Transferring Ownership of a Shared Folder Is Only Supported on the Modern Workplace Filesystem.
When you have a user that is leaving the organization or transferring to another department, it is recommended to transfer the ownership of any Shared Folders to another Workplace account.
To Transfer Ownership of a Shared Folder to an Another Account
- Navigate to login.os33.com and sign in with valid credentials.
You may be required to verify the sign-in by completing the multifactor authentication on your mobile device.
- Click Company admin or Manage > Company admin.
- Click All files.
- Click Employees.
- Click the name of the original owner of the shared folder.
- Hover over the desired shared folder and click Sharing.
- Select the new owner from the list and select Owner under the permissions dropdown.
- Groups cannot be set as an Owner.
- If the new owner is not listed, you must invite the new owner and set them as a Co-owner, Editor or Viewer first.
- If the new owner is a member of a group, you must invite the new owner separately and set them as a Co-owner, Editor or Viewer first.
- Click Change owner.
- The owner of the desired shared folder has been updated. The previous owner will have Editor permissions by default. To remove or modify the previous owner's permissions, complete the instructions in the following article: Removing or Modifying Permissions of a Shared Folder