The workplace_ file system is cloud based and may allow for syncing files locally, depending on your company settings. Your files are secure and backed up. Once you understand how your files are organized, you can access your files from any approved device, even a smart phone or tablet.
Your work folders
On the on the workplace web app_
On the Mac, PC, and Hosted Windows:
The company file system consists of three main folders:
- Work (your name)
- In Hosted Apps (Citrix), this folder is either mapped to the YOUR NAME Y:\Personal folder or to YOUR NAME Y:\Documents.
- This contains your personal files, including My Documents and Windows library folders.
- Only you and your managers have access to this folder.
- Work (Groups)
- In Hosted Apps (Citrix), this folder is known as GROUPS W:\
- Based on certain permissions, this may be for departments, projects, groups, etc.
- You can only see the folders of the groups you are part of.
- Work (Public)
- In Hosted Apps (Citrix), this folder is known as PUBLIC X:\
- Any file located here is fully accessible to all users in the company.
- This is place for files needed company-wide (i.e. procedural docs, templates, etc.)
Confidential files don’t belong here, because everyone in the co. has access .
- Custom drives
- There may be custom drives available in Hosted (Citrix) Apps.
- Company managers may have additional folders. You can not currently access either of these outside of Hosted (Citrix apps) at this time.
Ready to share your workplace_ files with your coworkers?