Did you know you can use Workplace to securely share files with anybody on the internet? As long as file sharing is permitted by your Workplace_ Administrator, you can create three different types of links where a recipient can preview and/or download shared files. While you can also share files from Workplace mobile or desktop apps, this process will get you sharing from the workplace web app_
Create a share link
- Log into the workplace web app_ from your favorite web browser
- Click Files in the left side navigation and find the file you want to share
- Roll your mouse over the file and click Share
- Choose the type of share link you want to create
- Public: Easy sharing for non sensitive files like marketing collateral or newsletters. Anyone with access to this link can view the file from any device.
- Tracked: See the recipient’s mobile number in the activity log. This is great for a meeting agenda! (recipients need a SMS capable mobile phone)
- Private: For sensitive files, restricted by mobile number. Use this link type for things like receipts, reports, or other confidential files. Only people with access to the mobile device with the specified number will be able to view the file. Your recipient needs a SMS capable mobile number.
- For Private links, you will be asked to specify the mobile number of the recipient(s)
- Copy the URL provided by Workplace and send it to the recipient via email, meeting invitation, or any other method
Break a share link
When a share link is no longer needed, you can break the link so the file is no longer shared.
Note: The link will also break if you rename or move the file or move the file.
- Log into the workplace web app_
- Click Shared files in the left side navigation
- Click the “X” next to the file you no longer want to share
- Click Break link to confirm