This Feature Is Available to the Following Users and Product Types
- End-Users, Company Managers and MSP Partners
- VDA Essentials, VDA Essentials Hybrid, VDA LocalZone, VDA Hybrid LZ, Workplace Select and Workplace Stronghold
Collaborating on an Office Document with Office Online Requires an Office 365 Subscription.
Organizations that wish to access this feature can contact their customer success manager or workplace provider.
Workplace for Browsers enables users to edit and collaborate on Office documents in the cloud.
Collaborating on an Office Document
- Navigate to login.venn.com and sign in with valid credentials.
You may be required to verify the sign-in by completing the multi-factor authentication on your mobile device.
- Click Files
- Navigate to a folder that you and your collaborators have access to.
- Create a new Office document or upload an existing document from your computer.
- Edit an existing Office document with Office Online.
- Ask your coworker to open the same file in Office Online.
- You can copy the URL from the browser and share it with them.
- Changes are auto-saved as you edit.
- Click Save & go back or click the back button on your browser when finished.
Supported File Types
Office Online supports the following file types:
- Word Online
Word Document (.docx)
Word Template (.dotx)
Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm) or Word Macro-Enabled Template (.dotm)
The document can be opened, but macros do not run.
OpenDocument Text (.odt)
- Excel Online
Excel workbook files (.xlsx)
Excel binary workbook file (.xlsb)
OpenDocument Spreadsheet file (.ods)
Excel macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm)
A workbook in this format can be opened but macros do not run in a browser window.
- Powerpoint Online
Powerpoint Files (.pptx) and PowerPoint Show (.ppsx)
OpenDocument Slides (.odp)