Editing Office Online files is not available in Classic Webtop.
If you encounter a Legacy Office file, the workplace web app_ will prompt you to convert the file (i.e. .doc, .ppt, or .xls) before editing it.
To edit a legacy Office file with Office Online:
- Sign in to workplace web app_ .
- In the sidebar, click Files.
- Navigate to your file or search in the top right.
- Click the file or preview it.
- Select Edit at the bottom.
- Click [ Convert to edit in _____ Online ].
- [ Convert and Edit ] and workplace web app_ will:
- Convert your file to a modern Office file (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, etc.)
- Save the old file. It will add .archived to the original file name (i.e. MyDoc.doc.archived). This is done as files may look different after conversion.
- Click [ Cancel ] to abort the file conversion.
- After successful conversion, you’ll be redirected to Office online editor.
- When you’re done editing, click [ Save and return to <folder name> ].