- End-Users, Company Managers and MSP Partners
- VDA Essentials, VDA Essentials Hybrid, VDA LocalZone, VDA Hybrid LZ, Workplace Select and Workplace Stronghold
Multi-factor Sign-in verification adds another layer of security to your account.
What is Multi-factor Authentication?
Multi-factor authentication has been in use for a number of years. It requires “something you know” and “something you possess” in order to authenticate your access. Part of the authentication must be something that you physically have access to. For example, when you go to an ATM, your card is “something you possess” and your PIN is “something you know.”
Workplace sign-ins need to be authenticated with your mobile device, so no one can sign in with your password only, which makes it much harder to compromise security.
What Does This Mean for Me?
You’ll need your phone, with Workplace installed, to access your account. Every time you sign in, a verification request will be sent to your mobile device.
How to Verify Your Sign-In
Multi-factor authentication MUST be enabled to verify sign in attempts.
This section only covers multi-factor authentication with the Workplace for Android or iOS application.
- If you haven't, visit workplace.co/download on your mobile device to install Workplace Mobile.
- On your computer, sign in to Workplace via Workplace for Windows and macOS or Workplace for Browsers.
- Upon successful sign-in, you’ll see a Check your phone pop-up.
- Unlock your mobile device and open Workplace Mobile.
- Look for a sign-in verification. Allow or Deny the verification request.
- If your mobile device is unable to receive notifications, you can sign in with the Offline Code.
- Check your computer. After a few seconds, your computer should advance and sign you into Workplace.