- End-Users, Company Managers and MSP Partners
- VDA Essentials, VDA Essentials Hybrid, VDA LocalZone, VDA Hybrid LZ, Workplace Select and Workplace Stronghold
- How Does Secure Browser, Hosted Browser and LocalZone Browser Access the Internet?
- Websites Blocked By Secure Browser, Hosted Browser and LocalZone™ Browser
- Websites Not Optimized for Secure Browser and Hosted Browser
How Does Secure Browser, Hosted Browser and LocalZone Browser Access the Internet?
Secure Browser, Hosted Browser and LocalZone™ Browser implements technology that uses the internet’s infrastructure to block malicious destinations before a connection is ever established. The technology does this by interceding itself on behalf of your company’s Domain Name Server.
When you type in a web address in your browser (ex: safepage.com), your computer first has to find where the webpage is saved before it can load it. It will reference a Domain Name Server to locate where the webpage is saved.
In Secure Browser, Hosted Browser and LocalZone™ Browser, when you enter a web address, the desired destination is inspected, and if the destination is safe, the connection is made and the correct webpage is loaded.
Websites Blocked By Secure Browser, Hosted Browser and LocalZone™ Browser
The following categories of websites/internet traffic are blocked by default:
What If a Site I Need Is Blocked?
When you encounter a blocked site, you can click on the Contact your network administrator or Report an incorrect block link. This will bring up a form where you can submit your information and a message as shown below:
If the Contact your network administrator or Report an incorrect block link is not available, please contact Workplace support.
The Workplace support team will review the request with our security team and your Company Manager. If the site is deemed safe and compliant with your company's policies, it will be added to an "Allow List" that will grant access to the entire company from that point forward.
Websites Not Optimized for Secure Browser and Hosted Browser
Secure Browser and Hosted Browser are secure and powerful web browsers that runs in the cloud for you and your team. Websites that display multimedia content, such as streaming video and telecommunication protocols, require intensive processing power which can degrade the Secure Browser performance and the user experience.
To optimize performance, when navigating to media-rich websites, you may see a Site not optimized for Secure Browser message. We recommend clicking Open this page in my local browser to redirect that webpage to your computer’s web browser.
If this link is not available and you need access to the website, please contact your company manager or Workplace provider.
How Can My Company Get This Protection?
- Workplace's web filtering is being rolled-out to our companies in controlled groups and will be in place for everyone in the near future. If you have questions about when it will be available to you, please reach out to your Workplace support team.
- At this time, this protection only extends to Secure Browser, Hosted Browsers and LocalZone™ Browsers.