This feature is currently in beta and may not be available for all users.
Beta features and documentation are subject to change.
- Sign in to the workplace web app_.
- In the sidebar, click Files.
- Navigate to the folder that used to contain the files you are missing.
- Make a note of the file path of this folder.
Example: Work (Buzz) / Marketing / Presentation 3
(Support will need this info to assist you with the restore from backup.)
- Select (or right-click) the folder in question and click Show history.
- In the pop-up dialog review the changes to the folder.
Too many entries? Have trouble finding your way around?
- In the top-right turn on ‘View delete and move only’ to hide all other events.
- In the top-right, if you don’t want to see events inside sub-folders deselect ‘Include sub-folders’.
- If you know the name of your file or folder you can search for them in the top right.
- Make a note of the date and time that you need the files to be rolled back to:
- If you are restoring files because of unwanted edits by others this is most likely the last time you edited the file.
- If you are restoring deleted files, make a note of the time and date of the deletion event.
- If the files were deleted over time, please make a note of the date range.
Or the individual dates for each file name or folder.
- Make sure you collected this info, to expedite file restore:
- The path to your files
- The time or date range that you’d like to roll your files back to.
- Now Contact support & supply the above info in your ticket or phone call.