This feature is currently in beta and may not be available for all users.
Beta features and documentation are subject to change.
If you are missing files, check out Where are my files?. If you’re finding edits to a document that you don’t recognize inside a Word (.docx) file, see if tracking was enabled (Microsoft Help), so you can roll back changes.
If tracking wasn’t on, or you were not looking at edits in an Office document, you may be able to track down what happened using the file history feature in the workplace web app_:
To see the history of changes to any file:
- Sign in to the workplace web app_.
- To find your file you can either:
- On the keyboard type Slash [ / ] and enter the file name, then select [ View in folder ] or
- On the left in the sidebar, select Files and navigate to your file
- Then select (or right-click) the file in question and click [ View history ]
- In the pop-up dialog review the changes to your file. Too many changes? Select the date when you’ve last edited the file in the top left.
If you’ve found the person who edited the files, see if they can help you. If that doesn’t work, you may have to restore your files to an earlier version.