If you are missing files, check out Where are my files?
If you’re finding edits to a document that you don’t recognize inside a Word (.docx) file, see if tracking was enabled (Microsoft Help), so you can roll back changes.
If tracking wasn’t on, or you were not looking at edits in an Office document, you may be able to track down what happened using the file history feature in the workplace web app_:
To see the history of changes to any file:
- Sign in to the workplace web app_.
- To find your file you can either:
- Press the forward slash key [/], enter the file name, then select [View in folder]
- Select Files and navigate to your file
- Next, select (or right-click) the file in question and click [View history].
- Review the changes to your file in the pop-up. Too many changes? Select the date when you’ve last edited the file in the top left.
If you’ve found the person who edited the files, see if they can help you. If that doesn’t work, you may have to restore your files to an earlier version.