If you've installed workplace mac_, and find that you don’t like the default shortcut (⌃ + Space) that activates or hides the workplace mac_ interface you can change it. Here is how:
- Open workplace mac_. Double-click Workplace in your Application folder if it’s not running. If it is, click the [ w_ ] icon in the dock, the [ _ ] icon in the menu bar, or type [ Control ] + [ Spacebar ] (or your own shortcut) on the keyboard to show the interface.
- Click the [ Cog ] in the top right of the workplace mac_ interface and select Open Preferences… Pro-tip: You can also press ⌘ + , to open Preferences. (This works in most Mac apps).
- In the Preferences window, click into the workplace_ shortcut field.
- Type a shortcut you prefer. Note: Make sure that the shortcut isn’t used by another app or you may have a conflict when using it. (If you want to alternate from the default, Ctrl + W is pretty safe.)
- Try clicking your shortcut. The Settings window should hide.
- Try clicking your shortcut again. The Settings window should show again.
- Change your shortcut if it doesn’t work for you, if you’re happy with it, close the Settings window.