- End-Users, Company Managers and MSP Partners
- Workplace Select, VDA Essentials Hybrid and VDA Hybrid LZ
There are multiple variables that can cause issues when working with Citrix:
Slow Internet Connection
Since Citrix apps “broadcast” the entire screen to your computer, they need a fast internet connection.
To check your internet connection in Connectivity Status:
In Workplace for Windows and macOS, click Connectivity Status in the left sidebar. Under Connectivity status, you'll find a color-coded icon and bars indicating your internet connection strength.
You'll know if there's a problem with your connection because your internet strength bars will be grayed out and the icon will be either yellow for Poor connection or Red for No internet.
If you need help, click Save log files for troubleshooting and share with your IT department or Internet Service Provider.
Your connection could go from Poor to Good within seconds, so hopefully your device will be back up to speed in no time.
Connection Health Status
To understand what the Latency and Packet Loss numbers represent, your device's connection health status is based on weighted latency value and calculated packet loss value and can be equal to one of the values from the following list.
If your connection is bad or very bad, we suggest trying a different Wifi / other network or finding a closer spot to the access point/router to work from.
|Latency or Packet Loss||Connection Status|
Latency ≥ 300ms or Packet Loss ≥ 50%
|Very Bad Connection|
|Latency ≥ 200ms or Packet Loss ≥ 20%||
|Latency ≥ 100ms or Packet Loss ≥ 5%||
|Latency ≥ 100ms or Packet Loss < 5%||
|Latency ≤ 50ms or Packet Loss = 0%||
Very Good Connection
Overloaded Company Server
Your company hosted application server can be slow if a lot of people are using it, or if you are using many apps.
- If you are experiencing slow Hosted Citrix apps or odd app behavior, restart your hosted apps.
- If you have permission to sync files to your computer or use Office in your browser, you may be able to continue working with files by syncing them.
- Install Workplace Desktop to edit workplace files with apps installed on your computer.
- Download the files from the Workplace Web App and work locally.
If you are still experiencing issues with Hosted apps, the issue may be related to a greater Workplace issue and we recommend contacting support for further assistance.