This Option Will Disable/Freeze a User's Account.
You Will Be Able to Re-Activate the Account in Case You Want to Review the User's Emails or Files Later.
When you have a user that is leaving the organization, it is recommended to disable the user instead of permanently deleting a user.
Disabling an account will:
- Prevent anyone from signing in to that account and disable apps, files, and email.
- Preserve account activity info, files, group membership, and portal attributes for review and recovery.
- Continue incurring costs for the account and resources utilized (i.e., assigned applications, emails, storage).
To minimize costs, consider removing the user from groups with applications that have licenses with monthly costs (i.e., Microsoft Office), delete the account, or contact support for recommendations.
To Disable a User
- Navigate to login.os33.com and sign in with valid credentials.
You may be required to verify the sign-in by completing the multifactor authentication on your mobile device.
- Click Company admin or Manage > Company admin.
- Click Manage users.
- Click on the user's name.
- Click on Security options.
- Click Reset to reset the account's password.
It is recommended to reset the account's password to ensure all email routing is disconnected.
- Click Edit at the bottom of the page.
- Check the box next to Account disabled and Login Disabled.
A pop-up will come up. When you’re done reading, click OK.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.