This Feature May Not Be Enabled Based on Your Organization's Access Policy.
Organizations That Wish to Access This Feature Can Contact Their Customer Success Manager or Workplace Provider.
- Setup Your OS33-Hosted Account in the Native iOS Applications
- Setup Your O365-Hosted Account in the Native iOS Applications
- Setup Your Account in Outlook for iOS
- Setup Your Account in a Third-Party Application
Setup Your OS33-Hosted Account in the Native iOS Applications
This Method is Not Supported for Users on the Modern Workplace Filesystem.
Follow These Instructions to Setup Your O365 Exchange Account (post-redeployment)
- Install and Launch Workplace for iOS.
- Tap Email, Contacts, and Calendar.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Set Up Sync.
- Tap Allow.
- Launch Settings.
- Review Profile:
- iOS 12.2 and higher - Tap Downloaded Profile.
- iOS 12.1 and lower - Tap General > Profile > Downloaded Profile.
- Tap Install.
- Enter your device password and tap Done.
- Tap Install.
- Enter your Workplace password and tap Next.
- Tap Done.
- Open Mail, Contacts or Calendar app and verify content is syncing.
Setup Your O365-Hosted Account in the Native iOS Applications
You can always follow these instructions from Apple to setup your Exchange account - https://apple.co/1J6umta
- Add your Exchange account by tapping Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Exchange.
- Enter your email address, then tap Next. You can also enter an account description.
- After you enter your email address, choose Sign In to automatically discover your O365 Exchange account information.
- You can sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes. When you're finished, tap Save.
Setup Your Account in Outlook for iOS
- Download Outlook for iOS in the App Store.
You may need to enter your Apple ID credentials to verify the download.
- Open Outlook for iOS.
- Enter your Workplace E-mail address and tap Add Account.
- To add an additional account: Open the Menu > tap Settings > Add Email Account.
- If prompted, tap Exchange.
- Enter your Workplace password and click Sign in.
You may be required to verify the sign in by completing the multifactor authentication on your mobile device.
- If Outlook is unable to automatically setup your account, you maybe be asked to enter the Server, Username, and Domain for your account. Contact support if you don't have this information.
- Accept any prompts for permission you may receive.
- Verify content is syncing.
Setup Your Account in a Third-Party Application
The Third-Party Application MUST support Microsoft Exchange as an account type.
Note: The Steps below Are for a Generic Setup Flow and May Vary Depending on Your Device.
- Launch the application and navigate to account settings.
- Begin the Add Account setup.
- Select Exchange for the account type.
- Enter your Workplace E-mail address.
- Enter your Workplace password.
- The application should attempt to automatically setup your settings.
- If the application is unable to automatically setup your account, you maybe be asked to enter the Server, Username, and Domain for your account. Contact support if you don't have this information.